Saturday, April 11, 2009

Portraits are Great for Birthdays




Tom had recently seen the work Norman had done with the digital paintings of his sons Josh and Matt and decided to commission his portrait for his up coming 94th birthday. 

"I am old enough, I think I'll do this for myself." he said.  So we obtained a photo taken of him while vacationing at Emerald Isle, NC and went to work.  "I had a good time there." said Tom,
"Lots of good memories."

The siding on the building was a light tan which made him looked washed out. I suggested to Norm to take some artistic license and make the siding blue to help feature his blue eyes.
We showed him the preliminary idea and he loved it.

It is now framed and hanging in his living room.  He said he is thinking of having a party to show off his new portrait.  



H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y,   T O M !

This was a lot of fun to do.
Thanks again, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment